My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando Valley, California, United States

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Emergency Room Visit 2 - Me

On September 12, I ended up in the West Hills Hospital Emergency Room myself, though my emergency wasn't so dramatic as my mother's. I went to the doctor that afternoon with abdominal pain (I often have abdominal discomfort of one kind or another, but this was different, and sharp), and he sent me to the emergency room so I could get tested quickly. I had blood tests, urinalysis and an upper abdominal ultrasound. Except for borderline anemia, everything came back fine. The emergency room doctor was going to give me something for my stomach, since he figured that must be the problem, until he saw that I was already taking Cimetidine (Tagamet) and Nexium. Then he advised me to follow up with my regular physician, which I did, and got a prescription for something that should work better for me than Nexium. I hope. Stress gives me stomach aches, and for some reason, I've been having stomach aches more often lately.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Yikes, Aunt Jeannette. You have to take care of yourself too! :)

Thu Sep 28, 10:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jeannette said...

I got my referral to see a gastroenterologist today and just made the appointment. I trust it will be nothing a simple adjustment of medication won't fix.

Thu Sep 28, 02:59:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home