My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando Valley, California, United States

Monday, April 24, 2006

Follow the doctor's orders...but which one's?

I went to Lancaster today and returned this evening. Mother saw her cardiologist and asked for and got a specific diagnosis: Coronary artery disease, hypertension and angina.

Otherwise, she feels a little like a shuttlecock as her primary care doctor, her hematologist and her gynecologist have given her somewhat conflicting advice about her bleeding problem. When I left, she had set one doctor on another ... that is, to call another ... to see if they can figure out what she should do.

Daddy is grumpy because he fears he will miss the Santa Fe Trail Rendezvous for the first time since its inception, while (not surprisingly), Mother's anxiety and discomfort make her short-tempered. He wants to go places, and she's too ill, so they end up driving each other crazy on a regular basis. I'd like to work out a way he can go. Perhaps Evan and I could go with him the way we did back in 1985 (except I expect Evan would be more help this time), and Mother could stay with Lee and Glen. I'm not sure how Lee feels about this, but he's been wonderful about everything else. For one thing, he remembers what good care I took of his mother, and for another, he's a terrific guy.

Oh ... Evan's eyes are much better, and it's obvious he feels better, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home