My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando Valley, California, United States

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hobbit Pants

More commonly called crop pants or capris, lopped-off pants seem to be almost unavoidable this time of the year, especially in activewear. Unfortunately, most women do not look good in them; the few who do are the young, long-legged types that tend to look good in almost anything.

I broke down and bought a pair today to go with a track jacket I have because they were the only thing the right color. They may even be semi-practical in the gym when long pants become too warm but I haven't shaved far enough up for shorts (that may fall in the realm of TMI). I can't say I look all that great in my gym clothes anyway, at least, not compared to the eighteen- and twenty-year-old girls in the fitness center. This is one drawback of taking a weight training course in college, but I don't let it get to me. I console myself with lifting more weight or doing a more rigorous workout on the rowing machine than I've ever seen most of them do. At my age, I'm more interested in health than in appearance, although having a better figure than I've had since my twenties is a decided bonus.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

You're tall & slim, you can totally pull of cropped pants. I think the people who have the most trouble are shorter women. But they're so comfortable! But I've been into gauchos lately, which tend to be more like a skirt anyway.

Fri Apr 28, 02:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Charlotte said...

One thing I've noticed with crop pants is that proportions are really important. It's quite possible to look short legged in them, if they're the "wrong" length. I have some I wear occasionally for working out -- light gray, floppy, and decidedly hobbitish!

Fri Apr 28, 05:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jeannette said...

Thank you, Elizabeth. I am tempted to shorten my new ones, since they could be a more flattering length. It shouldn't be too difficult, but I plan to wash them a couple of times first to get most of the shrinkage out of the way.

Fri Apr 28, 11:18:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home