My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando Valley, California, United States

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Licensed to Drive!

Evan passed his driving test this afternoon. We are all particularly pleased because he had to take the Drivers' Safety examination, and we weren't quite sure what would happen if he failed. I knew he was well prepared, but if he did something dumb because he was nervous, or if he had the bad fortune to have a pedestrian jump out in front of him unexpectedly, he could have blown it.

At any rate, it appears I need to start looking for another car, especially since Glen is scheduled to take his driving test next Tuesday. If he fails, it won't be a big deal, since he can take the test again in a couple of weeks. I don't expect him to fail, however.

In keeping with family tradition, I really ought to get an old Ford pickup as old as, or even older than, my guys. Red. It needs to be red, with the doors tied shut and gears that need coaxing to shift. Both Lee and I experienced such character-building vehicles when we were young. Still, I know who would have to bail them out when they inevitably broke down, so I expect I'll get something more reliable. It probably also ought to have an automatic transmission, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Evan!

This guy totally EARNED his license!

Mon May 29, 01:08:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home