My Photo
Name:
Location: San Fernando Valley, California, United States

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

More Grandma

Today I went to Lancaster (or as Lee calls it, Land Scatter). I had some more new clothes for Mother, who has dropped a couple of sizes lately, and I also had a pillow speaker for her to try out on her TV in the bedroom. Sometimes when she can't sleep, she'd like to watch TV but is afraid to disturb my dad unnecessarily. The pillow speaker has a line from the TV's headphone jack to a small speaker with its own volume control that she can put right by her ear and listen, so I hope it works for her.

I wish she were feeling better, although she did feel up to getting her hair done. Fortunately the new style (without that kinky permanent) not only looks much better, it also requires her to spend a lot less time in the beauty shop than the old one. She also walked partway up the block and back with her physical therapist, who decided she knew what she was supposed to do well enough that he discharged her from his care. Even though she has been discharged from PT, both the therapist and her home health nurse insist that she continue to use a walker. I had earlier brought the fancy four-wheel walker Lee's mother had me get her a number of years ago, and Mother likes it much better than the standard Medicare-authorized model.

She is looking forward to Mother's Day. I'll be going up to Lancaster a day or two in advance to help her and Daddy pack, and then I expect we'll come back here. I'm already planning the menus. If anybody who is coming has a special request for a menu item, be sure to let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home